Table of Contents
- What Is a Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box?
- Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box Collection
- What Are the Benefits of Having a Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box?
- How Does the Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box Differ From Others?
- What Should You Look for in a Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box?
- How to Choose Which Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box Is Best for You
Many mattress companies ship their products in boxes and offer their customers sleep trials, but Sealy is ranked the No. 1 brand in America. Sealy has been helping Americans to enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep for more than 130 years, and the company now ships some of its most advanced memory foam and hybrid models in convenient boxes. This product roundup will take a close look at the Sealy Mattress-in-a-Box range so you can decide if one of these mattresses is right for you. We offer specifications for each model along with a list of its pros and cons, and we tell you what makes each of these mattresses great.
What Is a Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box?
Online shopping has taken the hassle and sales pressure out of buying a mattress, and bed-in-a-box shipping has taken convenience to an even higher level. You won’t need to ask a friend to help you get a Sealy Bed-in-a-Box mattress up a flight of stairs or through a tight doorway because they are all shipped in boxes measuring a compact 16.5″ wide, 16.5″ high, and 45.5″ long. The boxes also have side handles that make moving them easy.
Sealy foam and hybrid mattresses are able to fit into such small boxes because they are compressed, but they start to regain their original dimensions as soon as they are unpacked. You may notice a slight chemical odor during the 24 hours it can take for one of these mattresses to decompress fully, but that is not something you need to worry about because all Sealy Bed-in-a-Box mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified. All compressed mattresses emit odors during a period called off-gassing, but the CertiPUR-US certification assures you that the gases emanating from a Sealy mattress have been thoroughly tested and found to be completely safe.
What Are the Benefits of Having a Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box?
You will be sleeping on your new mattress for many years, so you will want to do your homework before deciding which model to buy. Sealy takes some of the stress out of buying a mattress by saving its customers money and making the whole process a lot more convenient. The benefits of buying a Sealy Mattress-in-a-Box include:
- Savings: Sealy Bed-in-a-Box mattresses are shipped free. You can also return 10″ and 12″ models for free if you are not completely happy.
- Convenience: Consider the Mattress-in-a-Box for easy delivery and setup. The boxes are small enough to fit through a standard door frame and manageable enough for one person to maneuver.
- No risks: Sealy offers its customers a 100-night sleep trial on its 10″ and 12″ mattresses, which means you will have more than three months to make up your mind.
- Peace of mind: Sealy’s 10” and 12” mattresses are backed by a 10-year warranty. That’s a lot of peace of mind.
How Does the Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box Differ From Others?
The main difference between the Sealy Bed-in-a-Box mattresses and the products offered by other manufacturers is the Sealy label. This company has been making mattresses for more than a century, and its Posturepedic Technology transformed the sleep industry in the 1950s. These revolutionary mattresses are designed by engineers and orthopedic surgeons to support the spine, relax back muscles, relieve pressure points, and keep the body in an orthopedically correct position throughout the night.
Sealy Bed-in-a-Box mattresses may look fairly normal at first glance, but they are packed with the benefits of decades of research and development. These benefits include:
- Made to order in the USA: Some compressed mattresses are made overseas and spend months in container ships and warehouses before being shipped. Sealy Bed-in-a-Box mattresses are made and shipped to order in the United States. This means they regain their shape more quickly and do not emit as many odors during off-gassing.
- Advanced technology: Not all memory foam is the same, and some foam beds can get very hot. Sealy engineers have overcome this problem by developing CopperChill memory foam. The copper in this foam is a natural conductor that draws heat away from the body to create a cooler and more comfortable sleeping surface.
- Quality and durability: Sealy became the No. 1 mattress brand in the USA by making high-quality products that are built to last. A 100-night sleep trial and 10-year warranty show you just how much faith Sealy has in its products.
What Should You Look for in a Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box?
There are several Sealy Bed-in-a-Box mattresses to choose from, and you have to know what to look for if you want to find the one that’s best for you. You should consider what position you like to sleep in and whether you get hot during the night. You should also choose a mattress that provides the kind of feel you find comfortable. Here are some tips to help you find the right mattress:
- Firmness: Most Sealy Bed-in-a-Box mattresses are rated medium for firmness, which provides a good balance of comfort and support that most sleepers will like. However, you may want to choose a medium-firm or firm Sealy mattress if you sleep on your stomach or back.
- Construction: Memory foam mattresses are extremely comfortable, but not everyone can get used to sleeping on one. If you prefer the traditional feel of an innerspring mattress, you should choose one of Sealy’s hybrid models, as their pocketed coils will give you the kind of sleep experience you are used to.
- Motion isolation: Pocketed coils isolate motion far better than linked coils, but memory foam works even better. If you sleep next to a restless partner, you may want to consider a mattress with a thick layer of support foam instead of coils.
|Dimensions||Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King|
|Thickness||6″, 8″, 10″, 12″|
|Extra Features||Fused with CopperChill|
Why the Sealy 8” Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box Is Great
Sealy’s 8″ memory foam mattress is great because it has the same advanced technology as the company’s more expensive models at a lower price. The top foam layer is infused with copper to draw heat away from the body, and a thick layer of base foam provides excellent support even at the edges. You won’t get a 100-night sleep trial with this mattress, and its warranty lasts for five years instead of 10, but the price is outstanding, and the mattress is made in the USA. This mattress has been engineered to make morning aches and pains a thing of the past, but it may be just a bit too firm for people who sleep on their sides and need a little more give under their shoulders and hips.
Why the Sealy 10” Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box Is Great
Side sleepers who find Sealy’s 8″ foam mattress just a bit too firm will have no problem falling asleep on this 10″ model. An extra layer of advanced comfort foam contours to the body to cosset the hips and shoulders, and a thick layer of support foam makes sure the spine remains orthopedically aligned. This mattress is great for every type of sleeper, which makes it an ideal choice for couples who have different firmness preferences. Sealy 10″ and 12″ models come with a 100-night sleep trial, so you won’t be taking any risks if you choose this mattress.
Why the Sealy 12” Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box Is Great
People who do not want an innerspring bed love this 12″ hybrid model because it offers an excellent combination of support and comfort. Its three layers of advanced foam provide cooling, luxury, and just the right amount of firmness, and the lack of coils means that motion transfer will not be a problem. If you sleep next to a restless partner, this mattress could be your ticket to a night of uninterrupted sleep. If you really want to maximize motion isolation, consider the 12 Memory Foam king-size model. Its model number is Sealy Memory Foam F03-00109-KG0.
Why the Sealy 10” Hybrid Mattress-in-a-Box Is Great
This hybrid mattress is great because it combines the advantages of foam and innerspring beds in a way that only Sealy can. The traditional comfort of innersprings is enhanced by two slim layers of comfort foam, and one of them is infused with copper to provide the ultimate in coolness and comfort. If you like the sound of memory foam but are worried about overheating, this mattress could be a great choice, and it also has a sturdy seating edge thanks to its DuraFlex coils.
Why the Sealy 12” Hybrid Mattress-in-a-Box Is Great
If you want a hybrid mattress and only the best will do, Sealy’s 12″ Hybrid Mattress-in-a-Box may be what you are looking for. Soothing memory foam and pocketed coils combine for unparalleled levels of comfort and support, and DuraFlex technology prevents sagging and keeps tossing and turning to a minimum. This 12 in. medium soft mattress costs a little more than Sealy’s other Bed-in-a-box models, but it makes up for its price tag with advanced technology and best-in-class comfort.
How to Choose Which Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box Is Best for You
Every Sealy Bed-in-a-Box will provide a great night’s sleep, so choosing between them can be difficult. The 8″ foam mattress offers impressive features at an affordable price, and the 12″ hybrid mattress delivers a feeling of luxury that few other sleep surfaces can match. To make choosing the right bed just a bit easier, here are some of the most important specifications of the various Mattress-in-a-Box models in a clear and easy-to-read format.
- Affordable price
- CopperChill memory foam
- Even support
- Made in the USA
- May be too firm for side sleepers
- California King size not available
- No 100-night sleep trial on this model
- Warranty is only 5 years
Sealy Memory Foam Mattress-in-a-Box Collection
You cannot flip these Sealy mattresses because the comfort layers have to be on the top and the support layers have to be on the bottom. If you did flip one, it wouldn’t be much fun to sleep on.
It can take up to 24 hours for these mattresses to decompress fully, but you should be able to sleep on one in less than an hour. Sealy compressed mattresses decompress more quickly because they are made in the USA and do not spend months on ships and in warehouses.
This certification tells consumers that a mattress contains no heavy metals or harmful chemicals and its volatile organic compound emissions are less than 0.5 parts per million.
Foam and hybrid mattresses can both provide a comfortable and supportive sleeping surface, but they feel a little different. Memory foam beds are extremely comfortable, but some people feel like they are sleeping in them rather than on them. Hybrid mattresses offer similar comfort and a more traditional sleep experience.
Side sleepers need a slightly plusher surface to relieve pressure on their shoulders and hips. If this is how you sleep, the 10″ and 12″ memory foam models and 12″ hybrid models would be your best choices.