Table of Contents
- Why Choose Newton?
- Production and Manufacturing
- Warranty Information
- Check Out More Newton Content From WakeUpSleepyHead
- Where To Buy
- Similar Brands
- Online Presence
- Contact Information
Why Choose Newton?
When you want to improve the quality of your child’s sleep or provide a safe and comfortable place for them to sleep, you may be in the market for a new mattress. Although there are a variety of different types of mattresses available in the industry, few are made with high-quality, long-lasting materials. Newton is one of the leading brands on the market and has a variety of different products available for both babies and young children. There are a few main details that make their products unique and cause the brand to stand out in the industry.
Newton manufactures organic crib mattresses for infants and children with Wovenaire materials. The innovative mattresses are considered to be safer to use because they’re made of breathable materials with 90% air volume. All of the mattresses produced by Newton are safe to use due to their food-grade polymer materials and don’t contain any toxic fire retardants or biocides. Organic and sustainable materials are always used to construct the materials when it’s possible.
Once your child has outgrown the mattress, it’s 100% recyclable. The materials are also fully washable, so the mattress can remain clean with frequent use. Stains and spills are easy to wash out over time by removing the mattress cover and placing it in the washing machine. Bacteria and mold can also be rinsed out of the core of the mattress in the bath or shower for an easy cleanup process that allows the infant to continue to sleep safely.
Newton Baby was founded in 2015 by Michael Rothbard, a third-generation sleep entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience in the sleep industry. After becoming a father and struggling with his children’s sleep issues, he wanted to improve the safety of mattresses for babies and children. He worked hard to develop a product that offered peace of mind to parents and reduced the risk of suffocation for babies, which led to the invention of the Wovenaire Crib Mattress. Rothbard knew the Wovenaire technology would work effectively in improving airflow and easing the concerns of parents.
Today, Newton Baby is considered to be the leading luxury crib mattress on the market. The mattress is one of the most popular products in the industry and is the highest-rated crib mattress on Amazon.com. An adult version of the mattress is being developed.
Founding and Milestones
Michael Rothbard, who founded Newton Baby in 2015, is the father of three children. After working for several decades in the sleep industry, he started the company with a mission to improve children’s sleep as well as parents’ sleep and create a mattress that offers a higher level of safety.
In 2018, the company started a Kickstarter to raise money for their Newton Waterproof Crib Mattress pad and took in over $27,000. The campaign allowed Newton Baby to bring their product to life and start producing the mattress and begin selling it to customers.
Production and Manufacturing
Unlike conventional mattresses that have plastic covers and aren’t washable or breathable, the Newton Toddler Bed Mattress has a breathable cover. During the manufacturing process, it’s made with a woven air core that is 90% air by volume and 10% food-grade polymer. The food-grade polymer is the same material that is used in yogurt containers. This makes it possible to breathe right through the material, making it safe for babies who roll over in the middle of the night.
The cover is made to be three-dimensional with spacer material and goes over the woven air core. The fabric is constructed to be quilted and has two layers for extra comfort and cushioning. The fibers run horizontally and vertically to create multiple pockets of air on top of the woven air core for a breathable surface. It has a zipper extending across the cover to make it easy to slip on and off when it needs to be washed. The cover is made to be machine-dried using the low-heat setting. Different colors of replacement covers are also made during the manufacturing process, They include gray, pink, and blue. The mattress weighs only 11 1/2 pounds and is easy to lift. Its woven-air core is made in America.
The technology was originally invented in Japan, but every Newton mattress is made in the U.S. The mattresses meet the highest levels of safety in the industry. Parents also favor Newton mattresses because they’ve scored the highest for breathability and they are designed to have the lowest suffocation risk among similar brands in the industry, according to lab tests that have been performed.
The breathable technology helps regulate the child’s body temperature each season and in all types of climates to improve their sleep quality. This can prevent the infant from sweating throughout the night and becoming overheated. Infants also get 97% more air to breathe compared to other brands in the industry.
The company allows customers to enjoy a 100-day trial to ensure they’re satisfied with the mattress. Free shipping and free returns are included with every order.
Newton also sells a variety of other children’s bedding and pet beds to accommodate other family members.
Newton Baby manufactures a variety of products for children outside of its bestselling Newton Baby Mini Crib Mattress. Here’s a brief overview of the different products sold by Newton Baby.
- Crib Mattress Covers: The company sells extra mattress covers that have a soft texture and are 100% breathable. Four different colors are available.
- Crib Sheets: Newton Organic Fitted Crib Sheets are a popular product and come in a two-pack. The sheets feature different prints, patterns, and hues. The sheets are GOTS-certified and fit any crib mattress snugly.
- Organic Swaddle Blankets: Organic swaddling blankets are 100% breathable and soft, with different prints and colors available. The Newton Baby Organic Cotton Swaddle Blankets are sold in a two-pack and can be used as a nursing cover or for tummy time. The organic muslin cotton is pre-shrunk and 100% washable. The breathable comfort regulates the body temperature and reduces the risk of overheating.
- Cribs: Cribs are another product sold by Newton Baby, which are designed to be as safe as their mattresses. The limited-edition cribs are made in Italy and have soft, sustainable wood. The three-in-one design allows the crib to convert into a toddler bed as the infant grows and develops. The cribs are made by local Italian artisans and have three mattress heights in three finish colors. They come with a toddler rail and are GREENGUARD Gold certified.
- Tot Squad: Newton Baby even has its own Tot Squad that provides parents with 30-minute sleep consultations. The virtual consultations address concerns that include bedtime routines, night awakening, sleep regression, sleep support, naps, and sleep schedules for children up to 5years old.
- Washable Twin Mattress: Newton Baby also sells a washable twin mattress for kids, which comes with a removable cover and a washable core. It’s designed to provide firm support to children with developing bones, and it supports children up to 100 pounds.
- Pet Beds: Pet beds are a new category of products available through Newton Baby for all sizes of dogs and cats. The beds are made with the same Wovenaire technology as the Newton Baby Essential Mattress and include a removable quilted cover. The breathable design of the pet beds prevents suffocation when the pet is sleeping in different positions. The cover is easy to throw in the washing machine and features hypoallergenic and scratch-resistant materials. The breathability of the materials offers increased comfort and regulates the pet’s body temperature. The shape and design of each bed deliver orthopedic support to reduce aches and pains.
All the products sold by Newton Baby are manufactured at the company’s facility near Nashville, Tennessee. The products have Greenguard certification because they’ve passed the emissions tests performed by The Greenguard Certification Program and they don’t cause consumers to be exposed to volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Every Newton Baby Crib Mattress is made in a clean facility that doesn’t produce any emissions. All of the materials used are also hypoallergenic. The mattresses are firm but have enough cushion to offer a high level of comfort. They’re made with a 3D spacer cover that has two layers of breathable fabric for the infant’s safety. The fabric has a unique cloud pattern that has multiple pockets of air.
The core of the mattress is constructed to have 10% food-grade polymer with 90% air, which allows it to feel similar to a standard latex mattress without featuring any harmful chemicals or toxins. Parents can have peace of mind knowing all of the mattresses produced by Newton are free of glue, springs, foam, and latex to protect the child’s health and well-being while napping during the day and sleeping throughout the night.
The manufacturing process involves using the highest-grade food polymer and soaking it in a pool of water. This creates the three-dimensional shape of the unique Newton mattress and delivers firm support. It also mimics foam mattresses’ level of comfort without using any of the same materials.
Newton Baby is available in different buybuy Baby stores throughout the United States as well as through specialty retailers. The company sells GREENGUARD Gold-certified products.
Newton Baby products have won numerous awards from:
- Good Housekeeping
- Parents magazine
- The Bump
Newton Baby stands behind the quality of its products and wants customers to be satisfied with their purchases. All the Newton Baby mattresses come with a limited lifetime warranty. The crib mattress pad has a two-year warranty, for the original owner only, and covers any defects in quality or workmanship. Any defects that are discovered and are covered by the warranty allow the original owner to receive a replacement mattress. The warranty doesn’t cover normal wear and tear that develops due to daily use or misuse of the product.
The Newton Crib Mattress comes with a 100-night sleep trial. Buyers can receive a full refund if they or their babies are not satisfied with the product during that period.
Check Out More Newton Content From WakeUpSleepyHead
Newton Product Reviews
Our Newton reviews are posted in one place where different Newton baby products have been tested. The reviews offer insight into customers’ satisfaction with the different items sold by the brand to make it easier to make an informed decision.
Newton Product Roundups
WakeUpSleepyHead has many Newton brand roundups where customers can learn more information about some of the top products sold by the company and get an overview all in one place. This allows parents to get more insight into the top products before making a purchase and learn about the key features and details of each item.
Newton Press Releases
Newton Baby press releases are available on WakeUpSleepyHead, allowing consumers to learn new updates and information about the brand. The press releases make it easy to be informed and discover recalls, new products, and new stores that carry the brand’s products.
The factories that make Newton Baby products have high standards for the manufacturing process, so recalls are rare. Any Newton Baby recalls will be posted on WakeUpSleepyHead so that consumers who are affected can return the products in question.
Where To Buy
The Newton mattress can be purchased directly from the manufacturer on Newton Baby’s website at newtonbaby.com. The Newton Mattress, Newton Baby Crib Mattress Spare Cover, and additional products are also available on Amazon.com.
Even if you like what you’ve learned about Newton Baby, you still might want to look around a bit before making your final decision. Here are other trusted brands worth considering:
- Tuft & Needle
- Stearns & Foster
- Sleep Innovations
- Sweetnight Breeze
- Customer service phone number: (800) 686-3986
- Customer service email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newton Baby’s online contact form: www.newtonbaby.com/pages/contact