Table of Contents
- Why Choose Lull?
Why Choose Lull?
If you are on the hunt for a new mattress, you may have come across Lull mattresses. While it also sells pillows, sheets, duvets, and bed frames, the company primarily manufactures memory foam mattresses.
As you have inevitably discovered in your search for the perfect mattress, the memory foam mattress market isn’t short on options. This begs the question: Why should you choose Lull mattresses over the countless other mattresses on the market?
This guide will explore the answer to this question in detail. However, if you’d rather cut to the chase, the primary draw of Lull mattresses is that they are firmer than the average all-foam option. This makes it an excellent option for firm mattress fans, particularly back sleepers and stomach sleepers who need gentle full-body support during sleep. Better yet, the brand claims to sell high-quality mattresses at a third of the price of a traditional mattress.
Lull was founded by a group of four long-time friends who shared a simple philosophy: When people sleep better, they live better. Their goal in starting the company was to offer a “premium sleeping solution” at a lower price than traditional mattresses, all while providing a hassle-free, stress-free customer experience.
Founding and Milestones
Lull was co-founded by Sven Klein, Matt Walker, Thomas Adams III, and Brad Inscoe on May 27, 2015.
According to the brand’s website, the concept of Lull mattresses came about during a mattress shopping trip. CEO Sven Klein observed dull and uninviting stores with pushy salespeople and varying prices that complicated comparison shopping. The now-CEO returned home with a solution: a new company that would “revolutionize” the mattress-buying experience.
Production and Manufacturing
Lull offers a variety of products designed to help customers get the quality sleep they deserve. From mattresses and pillows to sheets, duvets, and bed frames, the mattress-in-a-box brand sells everything you need to design an optimal atmosphere for sleep based on your unique style and needs.
Mattresses: The mattress is the company’s primary product and by far its most popular. The brand offers three mattress options, each bringing something new to the arena.
- Original Lull Mattress: This is the company’s most popular mattress option. It features three layers of standard memory foam adding up to 10” in height and is manufactured in the United States.
- Original Lull Premium Mattress: This mattress is considered the company’s “premium comfort” option. It features four layers of premium memory foam and is 12” in height.
- Lull Luxe Hybrid Mattress: The company describes this product as its most luxurious mattress. It features six layers of memory foam supported by individually wrapped springs and is 13” in height.
Pillows: Lull sells three types of pillows, allowing customers to choose the option that is right for them. Each pillow is machine washable and features a premium cotton cover.
- Original Pillow: This is the company’s most popular pillow. Offering a medium support level, this pillow is hypoallergenic and is designed to stay cool and breathable.
- Memory Foam Pillow: The company considers this pillow its most versatile option. Offering a high support level, it is soft on one side and firm on the other. According to the brand, this helps prevent snoring and provides relief for neck and back pain.
- Down Pillow: The brand describes this product as its most luxurious pillow. It offers adaptive support and is stuffed with responsibly sourced down.
Sheets: Customers looking for Lull bedding have the choice between three types of sheets. Each is made with natural cotton and fits mattresses up to 15” in height.
- Cotton Blend Sheets: These are the company’s most economical sheets. They feature a sateen weave and contain 60% cotton and 40% polyester.
- Cotton Sheets: The brand describes these as its most breathable sheets. They feature a percale weave and contain 100% cotton.
- Organic Cotton Sheets: With a sateen weave made from 100% organic cotton, these sheets offer a soft and silky finish at a higher price.
Bed Frames: The company’s selection of bed frames gives customers the option to showcase their mattresses in on-brand style.
- Islay Upholstered Bed Frame: This classic frame features foam padding, linen-like upholstery, and the choice between tufted and untufted designs.
- Anacapa Wood Bed Frame: This contemporary bed frame features a mid-century modern design and a supportive hardwood headboard.
- Gaviota Platform Bed Frame: This simple frame is easy to assemble and features a sleek, headboard-free design with a timeless warm espresso stain.
- Arrellaga Folding Bed Frame: This low-cost steel bed frame is easy to assemble and features underbed storage for added functionality.
The Original Lull Mattress is manufactured in various locations across the United States. Unlike traditional retail mattresses, Lull mattresses are shipped to consumers directly from the factory. As a California-based company, Lull mattresses are made using high-quality materials from the United States.
Lull uses only CertiPUR-US Certified foams to manufacture its mattresses. To earn this certification, materials must meet strict standards to limit the off-gassing of harmful chemicals. Its mattresses are free of ozone-depleting chemicals, formaldehyde, flame retardants associated with serious health risks, and heavy metals like lead or mercury.
Lull mattresses are also classified as ultra-low VOC, which means they contain no volatile organic compounds at levels greater than 0.5 parts per million. These compounds are harmful chemicals found in many household products, which are emitted as gases. As a result of the ultra-low VOC status of the company’s mattresses, customers enjoy better air quality in their homes compared to many traditional mattresses.
As a company, Lull is dedicated to sustainability by minimizing waste and pollution in its manufacturing process with the goal of reducing environmental harm as much as possible. For instance, the company uses innovative technology to compress and roll-pack its mattresses, which reduces the volume of packages by up to 70%.
Lull mattresses have garnered over 35,000 5-star reviews. The company emphasizes integrity in its Review Guarantee, which discourages hiding negative reviews by offering a full refund of the cost of the customer’s purchase if they don’t post their review.
Based in Santa Barbara, California, the company aspires to create American jobs and embrace the California lifestyle. The company maintains a safe working environment and supports fair labor practices, aiming to produce high-quality mattresses by ensuring that workers are safe, healthy, and happy. Partners in its supply chain are strictly vetted for social practices, sustainability, and quality standards.
Lull holds a membership with the Sustainable Furnishings Council. Members of this organization take measurable action to limit carbon emissions, waste stream pollutants, and materials that can’t be recycled. If a customer returns their mattress within the trial period, the company works to avoid landfill disposal by repurposing it to help families in need.
Lull mattresses come with a guarantee of 100% satisfaction. The company offers free shipping and returns within the contiguous United States in addition to a risk-free trial period in which customers may return their mattress for a full refund if they are not completely satisfied with their sleep experience. The trial period is 365 nights for purchases made on the company’s website and 100 nights for purchases made with third-party retailers like Amazon.
The company’s risk-free trial period is a hallmark of its customer satisfaction guarantee, but it doesn’t stop there. All mattress purchases are covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
Under the warranty, mattresses with certain defects may be repaired or replaced at no cost to the customer. Defects include
- Visible indentations or sags greater than 1.5”
- Manufacturing flaws in the cover zipper
- Physical flaws in the cover like torn fabric or unraveled stitches
To be eligible under the warranty, defects cannot be the result of improper use, overuse, or use of an improper bed, bed base, or foundation. Other types of damage or defects that are excluded under the company’s mattress warranty include
- Standard wear and tear
- Minor cosmetic imperfections
- Damage resulting from commercial use
- Sensitivities or allergies to mattress materials
- Personal opinions about the firmness or softness of the mattress
Damage caused by animals or children
Additionally, the warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the mattress, meaning that if the original purchaser gifts or resells the mattress, the warranty cannot be transferred to the new owner.
The warranty also does not apply to mattresses purchased from authorized distributors or resellers. However, customers who purchase Lull mattresses from third-party sellers may be eligible for a warranty offered by the distributor.
The company makes it easy for customers to submit a warranty-related claim. All the company requires to get the process started is an email containing photographs of the damage, proof of purchase, and a summary of the claim.
Check Out More Lull Content From WakeUpSleepyHead
There is a lot that goes into the process when considering your next mattress purchase. If you have narrowed in on Lull mattresses but aren’t quite sure if it is the right fit, we have compiled our top resources to aid you in your decision.
Lull Product Reviews
Tens of thousands of customers have posted online reviews about Lull mattresses, so getting a consensus can be tough. Our product reviews have all the information you need to make an informed purchasing decision.
Lull Product Roundups
When buying your next mattress from Lull, you have three distinct options to choose between. Browse our product roundups for key information and metrics about each and learn how to choose the best mattress for your needs.
Lull Bed Frames Reviewed: A Perfect Pairing to Match Your Lull Mattress
Battle Of The Lull Mattresses: Original vs Luxe Reviewed
Does Your Lull Memory Foam Mattress Need A Box Spring? Everything You Need To Know
Which Lull Mattress Size Is Right For You? We Review, You Decide
Lull Press Releases
Lull’s commitment to innovation means its products are always changing. That is why we stay on top of the latest news in our press releases section.
Recalls are rare in the mattress industry, but they certainly can occur. If any of the company’s products are recalled, we will be sure to let you know here.
Where To Buy
Once you have selected the optimal mattress model for your preferences and needs, you will have several retailers to choose from. The links listed below make price comparison easy as you will be able to explore current prices on the company’s store page with each online retailer.
Lull remains one of the most popular online mattress-in-a-box brands, but it is not the only option. If you are not set on these mattresses, you may want to consider another brand. Here is a list of competing mattress brands with similar product offerings:
- Tuft & Needle
- Stearns & Foster
- Sleep Innovations
- Sweetnight Breeze
Lull has a strong online presence to help support its customer-first philosophy. Here is a list of links taking you to each of its platforms:
Lull has a robust customer service framework. It is not only available to those who have already made a purchase; the brand also encourages prospective customers to reach out if they have questions about whether its mattresses are right for them.
The company’s customer service representatives are available by call, text, or email seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time. The company is open year-round except on Thanksgiving.