Table of Contents
- Why Choose Leesa?
Why Choose Leesa?
In 2014, newcomer Leesa Sleep LLC launched its first bed-in-a-box product. That was the all-foam and aptly named Leesa Original. While producing an outstanding mattress that offered support and comfort, the company gave its intended audience a nice hook. For every 10 Leesa mattresses sold, the company would donate a mattress to a child in need of a decent place to sleep. From day one, Leesa was determined to be a socially conscious company.
That mindset remains important to the company. Only now, Leesa has grown from a startup into a reputable, global enterprise with brick-and-mortar showrooms, a strong online presence, and partnerships with the likes of West Elm and Macy’s. The company built a fast reputation with a sweet range of products like the all-foam Studio, the foam and spring Hybrid, and the Legend luxury hybrid.
There is no universal solution for comfortable sleep. The following criteria will give you the information you need to decide if a Leesa mattress is right for you.
- Back sleepers will enjoy the relief and pressure support. This combination encourages neutral spine alignment as well as cushioning in the lumbar area.
- An all-foam Leesa mattress is extremely responsive. No bed completely eliminates sinkage, but a Leesa offers long-term, significant bounce and allows unhindered movement.
- Mattresses and Leesa bedding accessories sold by Leesa promise to be affordable.
So, if you’re budget-conscious and expect quality, Leesa may be the choice for you.
Here’s a look at Leesa’s background and how it changed the mattress industry.
Founding and Milestones
The masterminds behind Leesa, David Wolfe and industry veteran Jamie Diamonstein, started out with the idea of creating an affordable mattress built with care and quality.
The original goal was to design a mattress that cost less than $1,000 but offered the quality of a mattress that cost over $2,000. This was how the engineers came up with the Original.
Another innovation was dispensing with the traditional showroom concept for selecting a mattress. Leesa just offered potential buyers the mattress categories of soft, medium, and firm — options that don’t require store visits.
Instead of conventional in-store visits, the company allowed a risk-free, 100-night home trial. If dissatisfied, the buyer could take advantage of free return and full refund policies.
The response was mind-blowing. The new company was on track to make $30 million in its first year. As promised, Leesa gave away a mattress for every 10 sold. In the first year, they supplied families with over 11,000 Leesa mattresses.
The company essentially established the now-standard mattress-in-a-box business. Leesa is recognized as one of the world’s fastest-growing companies. Shopify awarded the company its Build a Business Competition prize. And the company was only six months old when it received the honor.
To win the award, entrepreneurs needed to start an entirely new organization and sell products on Shopify. Launched in January, Leesa had May sales that came close to $2 million. July continued to show potential as Leesa came close to 100% ahead of May’s numbers.
The company secured $9 million from TitleCard Capital in Series A funding. TitleCard is a private equity firm supported by the likes of Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Levine.
From day one, Leesa demonstrated its commitment to the community. Leesa’s practice of donating to the needy became the One-Ten Program. They began planting trees to beautify the world. Many of their initiatives have become standard in the mattress industry.
Production and Manufacturing
Leesa developed manufacturing and production protocols that changed the way we sleep and made competitors change to keep up.
Let’s start with a quick review of the mattresses offered by Leesa.
- The delivery is no-contact, and the mattress is ready to ship three to five business days after the order is placed.
- Every sale comes with a 100-night trial to ensure you’ve picked the right fit.
- Each mattress is 100% handcrafted and made in the good ol’ USA.
- All products are eligible for financing and come with a 10-year warranty.
The Original Mattress: The signature all-foam mattress launched by Leesa. With the company’s recognizable four-stripe design, the mattress contains premium elements that enhance contouring, cooling, and pressure relief. The gray cover is soft, breathable twill.
Here are things you might consider before buying an Original.
- The Original is an ideal choice for back sleepers.
- If you’re a side sleeper requiring relief for your hips and shoulders as you rest, this bed is an ideal pick.
- The mattress is a great choice for hot sleepers and individuals who overheat and sweat.
The Studio Mattress: The all-foam mattress comes in three layers. The top is a responsive, breathable foam. The middle is well-designed pressure-relieving foam. The final core layer provides durability and support.
Here are the benefits of sleeping on a Studio.
- The Studio is ideal for sleepers who prefer even body-contouring.
- The slow memory foam response is also excellent for back and side sleepers.
- It’s a good choice for sleepers up to 230 pounds who may not be comfortable on lesser-quality mattresses.
- Anyone whose sleep patterns are easily disrupted by their partner’s movement will appreciate the Studio’s memory capability, minimizing the effect of one person’s actions on the other’s sleep.
The Leesa Hybrid is supported by gentle layers of foam and pocket coils. Firmness is, of course, subjective. Bodyweight, preferred position, and layering can all influence whether a mattress is comfortable. However, stretching across this mattress, you’ll feel the foam fill in spaces and initiate a slight hugging of the hips and shoulders.
The Hybrid is the mattress for:
- Sleepers who have no single sleep position
- Individuals in search of exceptional pressure relief that comes with a little less bounce
- Advanced support and comfort via premium foams and over 1,000 pocket springs for edge-to-edge support
- Pressure relief to reduce lower back pain
The Leesa Legend is a high-luxury choice. You get two layers of pocket springs and targeted micro coils to support the hips and shoulders. Expect Leesa’s premium and exclusive foam to provide medium to firm comfort that’s flushed with bounce and hug. The Legend has a sustainable cover that’s 100% organic cotton and utilizes Merino wool to act as a wicker component to keep moisture out of the fabric.
Here are sound reasons to check out the Leesa Legend:
- Designed from recycled steel and plastics, this mattress is the one for the eco-conscious sleeper concerned about their carbon footprint.
- It is good for people of any weight who prefer to sleep on their sides.
- An exemplary mattress, it’s ideal for seekers of a balance between contouring and bounce.
- With its distinguished features, the Legend offers luxury that’s affordable.
There’s no better way to support a Leesa mattress than with one of their platforms specifically developed to complement their mattresses.
The Platform Bed is a no-tools-required production. The product comes with birchwood slats and sturdy wooden legs. The slats roll out, providing great support for your mattress. The wood legs screw easily into place. The frame’s elegant style complements any bedroom design.
Leesa developed a base that’s customizable, providing greater support to any sleeper. Its function works with any setup and accommodates all Leesa mattresses. Legs are adjustable in half-inches for your preferred height. Wireless control lets you relieve pressure to recline or elevate with no fuss.
If you and your partner have unique sleep patterns, go with the Adjustable Split-King. It allows independent adjusting for each side. You’ll also have two USB A/C ports, massage options, and LED lighting under the bed (to help you find that other shoe).
This is a simplified, sturdy mattress support made from high-quality wood. It has a center support beam and upholstery in an alluring gray twill fabric. Like all the support frames from the company, it’s easy and fast to assemble, requiring no tools. It’s Leesa’s most affordable mattress support but promises to be reliable, long-lasting, and complementary to any bedroom style.
Coupled with the company’s foundation, you’ll create the perfect support for your quality mattress. The metal bed frame requires no tools and is easy to build. Take the frame and enhance your decor with side rails, headboards, legs, and footers.
Mattresses for the Kids
Here are products Leesa has for the wee ones who deserve a better night’s sleep.
At 10″ high, the Youth Mattress is for kids 8-plus, teens, and young adults who require breathable cushioning and gentle joint support. The materials are low-VOC, nontoxic, and made without heavy metals, phthalates, formaldehyde, or PFAs.
Just because a kid’s energetic and resilient doesn’t mean they’ll sleep well from exhaustion at night without a need for good support. The Trundle mattress has an aerated foam layer and breathable knit cover. There are billions of air capsules for joint support and alleviating pressure.
Cushions & Beddings
Leesa gives every sleeper the chance to create the most comfortable setting for slumber. Here are options for expanding the Leesa sleep experience.
With superior neck support, the premium foam pillow is ideal for any sleep position. The pillow has a ventilation channel to improve cooling comfort. It also comes with a breathable, washable cover.
The Hybrid Pillow is reversible and adjustable. It has double-sided comfort and a removable insert. The design includes a cool-to-the-touch gel layer and chilling fibers that keep you cool regardless of the weather. You’ll never have to fluff this pillow. It stays comfortable night after night.
Experience sateen-weave cotton comfort. The design is 400-thread-count, 100% organic cotton that produces breathable and soft comfort. The set comes with one fitted sheet, one flat sheet, and two pillowcases. (The twin set has only one pillowcase.) Available colors are cream, white, light gray, or blue breeze. These sheets were designed under the umbrella of the Global Organic Textile Standard®.
Give your bed a finishing touch with this oatmeal-and-white-stripe duvet and sham set. Great for all seasons, the set is light and breathable, promising to keep you cool or warm regardless of what’s going on outside the covers.
Tencel is a unique fabric, similar to rayon. A sustainable weave that requires less water and energy to produce than conventional cotton. Leesa uses its Tencel mattress protector to create a moisture-wicking operation. There’s Antimicrobial Silver Produce Protection alongside five-side waterproofing that keeps the mattress clean and fresh for many nights.
Leesa pillows, foundations, blankets, and mattresses are built in the USA. The Hybrid pillow OEKO-TEX is 100% standard OEKO-TEX® and produced in China. The Leesa x Third Sheets come from Israel and are OEKO-TEX® certified.
The company is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The founders, among them David Wolfe and Jamie Diamonstein, decided to develop amazing mattresses that help everyone sleep better, deliver great value, create simpler buying options, and contribute to bettering communities everywhere.
Leesa hit its stride with a hybrid mattress that had sublime support with individually wrapped pocket springs combined with uniquely engineered foams.
Today, the company is an award-winning enterprise recognized for its efforts to succeed and excel. Leesa is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies, producing highly regarded bedding and bedding accessories.
Here are some cool facts about Leesa:
- Leesa takes sustainability seriously. The brand’s factories make its products with renewable energy.
- Leesa’s social program extends beyond giving away mattresses. The company also plants trees.
- The company started with a staff of two and now has over 70 employees.
- Leesa does a lot of on-site and in-house testing. The company blind tests in their headquarters, and team members take prototypes home.
- Founder Jamie Diamonstein personally tested every component of the Legend mattress down to finding the perfect coil gauge in the pocket springs.
- Mattresses are made to order. They do not come off a shelf. An order is placed, and the company assembles the mattress during the following week.
You get a risk-free opportunity to see if a Leesa mattress is right for you. The company will ship a mattress to you for a 100-night free trial. They guarantee you will sleep better, or you return the product, no questions asked.
Should you choose to keep the product, you have a 10-year limited warranty. But the warranty and the 100-night trial are voided if the mattress leaves the United States or Canada. Take note that platforms come with only a 30-night in-home trial.
The 10-year warranty includes a full replacement if eligible. Over the years, if you find a defect covered by the warranty, Leesa will repair or replace the mattress. That entails all mattress parts determined to have a defect. There is no deductible for the warranty, which starts on the purchase date and is non transferable. The warranty is valid only for the person who originally bought the mattress. Should the mattress owner relinquish ownership to another person, that person owns the product “as is” with “all faults.”
Leesa engineers its mattresses to deliver effective sleep. To ensure this and validate warranty claims, the mattress has to be set up on a solid foundation strong enough to support both the mattress and its occupants.
The limited warranty is valid during normal use under the following conditions:
- Deterioration resulted in a visible indentation larger than one inch not associated with a sag or indentation resulting from an unsupportive or improper base or foundation.
- The mattress receives continuous support from a solid foundation, base, or frame substantial enough to support occupants and mattresses.
- A flaw in the craftsmanship of the product causing irreparable damage to the memory foam despite normal use and proper installation.
- A physical flaw appeared in the cover’s craftsmanship, including assembly of the zipper and seams. Leesa has the option to replace or repair the provided cover. If a replacement is chosen, you will receive the new cover style available for the mattress if it’s different from the design, color, or material of the original.
The limited warranty does not cover:
- The normal and expected increase in memory foam softness, especially if the change doesn’t affect the mattress’ pressure-relieving quality
- Personal comfort preference
- Any user damage or physical abuse to the structure or cover, which includes but is not limited to cuts, burns, tears, liquids, stains, or soiling
- Replacement of any piece in the sleep system without any other pieces being defective
- Any product considered “preconditioned,” “as-is,” “reconditioned,” “used,” “returned,” “comfort return” or “previously owned.” Technically, this means any product not categorized as “new” or of “first quality,” or any previously used or resold by another consumer.
Check Out More Leesa Content From WakeUpSleepyHead
Here are some fine resources that help confirm why Leesa is one of the fastest-growing companies in its industry and the world.
Leesa Product Reviews
Product reviews are a sound resource for learning about a company and its products. Use them when it’s time to compare and research your next mattress.
Leesa Product Roundups
Roundups often consist of listicles. “Best of,” “Top 10” and other titles can size up mattress competitors or even compare different Leesa products.
Leesa Press Releases
Press releases are outstanding social sharing platforms. It’s a great way to find out what the company is up to and if they have any upgrades or new plans on the table.
There are no recalls on the mattress maker’s record, and that’s a good thing. But recalls are an excellent resource for seeing if a company takes its safety responsibilities seriously.
Where To Buy
Leesa has what they call Leesa Dream Galleries where you can check out and buy their products. Check out the website to locate the location near you. There are five locations in Canada. Partners that sell Leesa products include:
When the time comes to look at a new mattress, make sure you perform your due diligence. Here are other mattress producers that deserve a look. We suggest you use at least two alongside Leesa for a thorough comparison. Examining the trio, you’ll get a better idea of what product you want.
To stay connected to its community, Leesa maintains an internet presence that keeps everyone informed about the company’s products and plans. These platforms are also excellent for asking a question or compiling info from customers. Lastly, these outlets are sound ways to see how the company responds to feedback.
Here are the links you need to reach out to Leesa.