Table of Contents
- Why Choose Layla?
Why Choose Layla?
Layla is a U.S. manufacturer offering high-value, low-cost bedding and accessories. Currently, the company sells two types of mattresses: the Memory Foam mattress and the Hybrid mattress. Both models contain the brand’s signature copper memory foam and can flip on either side for softness or firmness. The soft side provides a plush feel with reactive support to ease pressure, and the flip side delivers additional support. Copper-infused gel absorbs heat, and the high-quality foam isolates motion transfer. Also, the brand offers a soft, supportive pillow, weighted blanket, and other bedding accessories for a better sleeping experience.
As boys, Akrum and Akram Sheikh watched their family’s retail store slowly turn into a furniture store. When they grew up, they worked in the family business. They started in the warehouse and moved to the sales floor. Later, they would earn titles such as sales manager, buyer, and operations manager.
Born and raised in Connecticut, the Sheikhs moved to Silicon Valley to start a new venture in 2014. They decided they didn’t want to sell furniture anymore. Instead, they focused on the mattress industry. The two decided they would commit to three things. First, they pledged not to burden the customer with an overwhelming selection. Second, they promised to sell products at a reasonable price. And finally, they vowed not to hire aggressive salespeople. After toiling over thousands of prototypes, they came up with the perfect product: a double-sided mattress with two firmness options. However, Akrum and Akram soon realized they needed help to get the product to the consumer in order to stick to the business plan.
They placed an ad on Craigslist for a web designer, and Greg Dean responded to the advertisement. Dean had experience as a business owner, restaurant chain operations manager, and a digital marketer. The Sheikhs hired Dean to focus on the technical aspects of the business. Layla Sleep launched in 2016. Currently, Dean is a co-owner and the Chief Operations Officer of the Layla brand.
Founding and Milestones
In a few short years, the bed-in-a-box retailer has experienced rapid growth. The company solicits feedback from customers. In its first survey, the company asked customers what they would do to make the Layla memory foam mattress a better product. Better edge support ranked high on the list. In 2020, Layla introduced the Hybrid model. Like the memory foam mattress, it contains copper-infused gel. But the Layla Hybrid model has an Infinity Edge with a double-coil perimeter for better edge support and individually wrapped coils for maximum control.
A year after it launched, the company expanded its line to include its first accessory, the Kapok pillow. To date, the company offers bamboo sheets, comforters, and weighted blankets. Layla Sleep also has bases and frames included in its lineup.
Production and Manufacturing
The company makes all its products in the United States. Hybrid models are made to order and can take up to five days to ship. Layla’s headquarters is in New Haven, Connecticut, and its marketing and development teams are based in California. A plant in Georgia pours the foam and a factory in North Carolina spins the fabric. During periods of high demand, the company sends American-made fabric to El Salvador and Mexico to be cut and sewn. An Arizona facility assembles the mattresses, and a plant in Indiana ships the products.
Though the Layla bedding lineup changes from time to time, often based on customer feedback, the company has a few core offerings. Both versions of the company’s mattress include copper-gel-infused memory foam, and the Hybrid version upgrades that with individually pocketed coils and a double-coiled border for extra support. To help customers get a good night’s sleep, Layla also has several pillow models, including one that uses fiber from the Kapok tree along with the company’s signature copper foam. To round out the lineup, the retailer also sells bamboo sheets, a weighted blanket, bedframes, and other sleep essentials.
Multiple layers comprise each Layla mattress.
- Cover: Soft Side – The outermost layer includes a cooling cover with Thermo-Gel technology. It helps regulate body temperature and offers a soft, cool feel. Also, the cover is removable.
- Copper-Gel Memory Foam – Moving inward, the next layer is infused with copper gel, which helps dissipate heat from sleepers’ bodies to provide rapid cooling. It also has antimicrobial properties.
- Max Airflow Support Foam – This layer of foam is textured to assist with cooling, and it also plays a role in allowing variable body support.
- Support Core Foam – Only found in the memory foam mattress, the core layer focuses on motion control to prevent partners from disturbing each other during sleep. It minimizes bounce.
- Individually Wrapped Coil System – In the hybrid mattress, the core layer is replaced with a network of individually-wrapped coils that provide the support of traditional coil mattresses, though the individual wrapping minimizes motion transfer. The perimeter is double-coiled to assist with edge support.
- Cover: Firm Side – Similar to the soft-sided cover, this is the outermost layer of both the hybrid and memory foam mattresses. It’s made for a firmer feel for maximum support.
Since Layla is a relative newcomer, the company has not compiled an Environmental, Social, and Governance policy, nor has it shared a sustainability report with the public. Nevertheless, the products are CertiPUR-US Certified and meet the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s standards. The brand uses water and food-based adhesives to reduce off-gassing. Moreover, the products contain no ozone depleters, mercury, lead, or formaldehyde. Also, the mattresses come encased in a Ventex fire blocking sleeve.
Layla partners with several organizations to help local communities. Besides donating funds, the company donates returned mattresses to churches, local charities, and homeless shelters.
The company has about 25 core employees who work remotely. As the business grows, its employees regularly take part in continuous learning platforms to provide better customer service and become more knowledgeable about the fundamentals of sleep.
Layla offers a 120-night trial on its sleep products. This includes the mattress, pillows, and sheets. If not satisfied with the purchase, buyers can request a full refund within the trial period. Customers must contact Layla to initiate the return. In addition to the trial period, the products come backed by a warranty.
See the warranty periods below.
- Layla Memory Foam Mattress – This model comes with a lifetime warranty. It covers sagging of more than an inch, loss of shape, loss of height, splitting, and cracking.
- Layla Hybrid Mattress – The hybrid model has a 10-year warranty. The warranty is for manufacturing defects, such as loose seams, compression of more than an inch, and loss of shape over an inch.
- Sheets – Layla covers ripping and fraying on their sheets for five years.
- Pillows – Similarly to the sheets, Layla provides a five-year warranty on defects in material or workmanship for their pillows. This includes shape loss, unraveling of seams, and fading.
- Toppers – If the foam of toppers splits or cracks within five years, Layla will issue a replacement.
- Weighted blanket – A five-year warranty covers faulty stitching, tears, and defects.
- Down alternative comforter – This product is covered for five years. The warranty covers stitching, seams, flattening, and fading.
- Metal platform base – Layla covers bending, bowing, or hinge failure for up to three years.
Check Out More Layla Content from Wakeup Sleepyhead
We’ve compiled a list of resources to help you determine if the Layla brand is right for you. Start with our product reviews and roundups to get a good look at the brand.
Layla Product Reviews
The information in our product reviews will show why Layla is considered one of the best memory foam mattresses on the market. You’ll discover in-depth and helpful details about the Layla brand.
Layla Product Roundups
Though most of Layla’s products have only one model, that’s not the case for all of them. This section builds upon hours of research and lists the differences between Layla’s bedding offerings. Here, you’ll get to review the specs of each model and compare them to see if Layla is right for you.
Layla Press Releases
Although Layla often issues press releases to news outlets, the company does not display them on the website. However, you can find tons of information and learn about new products by landing on the brand’s blog. Get sleep tips, read customer reviews, and watch product videos. https://laylasleep.com/blog/
To date, there have been no recalls on Layla’s products. The company does not have a recall page on its website, but no Layla Sleep products appeared in a search on the Consumer Products Safety Commission’s website. Sign up for the brand’s email to be notified if there are any recalls in the future.
Where to Buy
Layla does not sell its products out of traditional brick-and-mortar stores. If you decide to purchase from the brand, you can purchase mattresses and bedding products from the brand’s website or Amazon page. Follow the links below to land on the Amazon or Layla store page.
If you prefer a larger selection, consider the brands below. Click the links below to compare other brands to Layla before you finalize your decision to buy.
- Sleep Innovations
- Stearns & Foster
- Tuft & Needle
Discover everything you need to know about the brand’s products by visiting the Layla website. https://laylasleep.com/ If you want to stay connected to the brand, you can find them on social media.
- Layla Sleep Instagram
- Layla Sleep Facebook Page
- Layla Sleep TikTok Page
- Layla Sleep Pinterest Board
- Layla Sleep Twitter
- Layla Sleep LinkedIn Page
If you need to reach Layla for any reason, you can contact customer service seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at 855-358-1676. You can also access the chat option from any page on the website. Just click the chat icon at the bottom of the page. https://laylasleep.com/